22.5.11

V for Vendetta quotes




V
The time has come for me to meet my maker and to repay him in kind for all that he has done.

V
Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

V
Evey, please. . .there is a face beneath this mask, but it's not me. I'm no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it, or the bones beneath them.

V
This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it.

V
[to Evey Hammond] I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

V
There's no certainty – only opportunity.

V

There are no coincidences, Delia... only the illusion of coincidence.


Evey Hammond
My father was a writer. You would've liked him. He used to say that artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up.

Finch
I had to see it. There wasn't much left. But standing there, in the middle of all that rubble, I suddenly had a feeling that it was all connected. And I could see everything that had happened... and everything that was going to happen. And it was all connected.

V
The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain.

V
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

No hay comentarios: